- Home Page: https://www.axela-tech.com/
- Who We Serve: https://www.axela-tech.com/who-we-serve/
- Community Associations: https://www.axela-tech.com/who-we-serve/community-associations/
- Management Companies: https://www.axela-tech.com/who-we-serve/management-companies/
- Products & Services: https://www.axela-tech.com/products-services/
- Easy Collect: https://www.axela-tech.com/products-services/easy-collect/
- Credit Bureau Reporting: https://www.axela-tech.com/products-services/credit-bureau-reporting/
- HAAP: https://www.axela-tech.com/products-services/homeowner-assessment-assurance-program-haap/
- Post Foreclosure Recovery: https://www.axela-tech.com/products-services/post-foreclosure-recovery/
- Foreclosing Lender Assessment Guarantee: https://www.axela-tech.com/products-services/flag/
- Resources: https://www.axela-tech.com/resources/
- About Axela Technologies: https://www.axela-tech.com/about-us/
- Sample Uniform Collection Policy: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/sample-collections-policy/
- Sample Rental Demand Letter: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/sample-rental-demand-letter-fl/
- Protect Your Community From a Market Downturn Whitepaper: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/protect-your-community-from-a-market-downturn-whitepaper/
- Community Association Assessments Budgeting Calculator: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/community-association-assessments-calculator/
- Board Members Guide to Condo Collections in Florida eBook: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/board-members-guide-to-condo-collections-in-florida/
- How to Reduce Condo/HOA Delinquency Rates eBook: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/how-to-reduce-your-condo-hoa-delinquency-rate-ebook/
- Management Company Partnership Program flyer: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/management-company-partnership-program/
- California Collections Guide: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/california-collections-guide/
- Case Study, Manors of Inverrary XII: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/case-study-manors-of-inverrary-xii/
- After the Pandemic Whitepaper: https://www.axela-tech.com/blog/resource/after-the-pandemic-whitepaper/
- 5 Steps to Take if you Suspect Your HOA or Condo Board of Mismanaging FundsWhat do you do if you suspect that your condo or HOA board of directors is mismanaging association funds?
- An Easy Guide to Understanding Condo and HOA Governing DocumentsEvery member of a community association should be familiar with its governing documents. Here’s what you need to look for…
- Are there delinquencies your board of directors does not want to address?Is your board of directors ignoring the elephant that is uncollected past due assessments? Take care of it now before it becomes a circus!
- Are Virtual Board Meetings Better for Community Associations?The pandemic has forced us to make changes to the status quo. Virtual board meetings may be one thing that will stick even after the lockdown is over.
- Communication is good…Data Is Critical for Condos and HOAsAll the talking heads say communications is most important to condo and HOA management, but I believe data is critical.
- Community Association Document Management…Where does EVERYTHING go?If your association does not have a document retention policy, you are flirting with risk and liability.
- CONDO & HOA COLLECTIONS… How to formulate a Uniform Collection PolicyAll Community associations need a UCP (Uniform Collection Policy), but they are not as easy to formulate as you would think. Here are some suggestions on how to go about putting together a UCP and, more importantly, enforcing it
- HOA & Condo Delinquencies What You Don’t Know, Can Hurt YouWhat do you know about your delinquent units and what position they are putting your association in?
- HOA and Condo Delinquencies is still a ProblemWould you buy into a community association where a special assessment was inevitable? Learn from the last crisis and be proactive about delinquencies.
- HOA Boards of Directors…Do You Know What You Don’t Know?The Dunning-Kruger effect describes a cognitive bias in which people of limited or no experience mistakenly assess their skill level as greater than it is…
- Should Homeowners Pay Maintenance Fees, and Other COVID-19 Relief QuestionsForeclosures deferred, mortgages on pause and amenities closed – Coronavirus has brought a lot of change to community associations. And with change comes questions. We have the answers.
- There's No Excuse for Not Paying AssessmentsHomeowners have a lot of excuses for why they didn’t pay assessments. Here’s how to respond…
- Why Your Community Association Needs a Uniform Collection PolicyStruggling with the procedures to collect on delinquent assessments? Here’s a blueprint policy for your board to adopt…
- As Stimulus Funds Dry Up, Private Sector Firm Provides Funding to Community AssociationsAxela Technologies’ HAAP program allows community associations to tap into a non-recourse funding option to receive a much-needed cash injection.
- Axela Featured on HOA Talk Time PodcastIf you’ve never heard the podcast HOA Talk Time with Tab and Z, you’re in for an entertaining (and information filled) treat! There’s no time to start listening than now with our very own Mitch Drimmer as the guest in episode 99. It’s got Game of Thrones, Stuff you never knew about HOA Collections and more HOA jokes than you can shake a stick at!
- Axela Founder Featured For Florida EntrepreneursFlorida’s Virtual Entrepreneur Center recently featured Axela founder Martin Urruela in an inspirational article for new business owners.
- Axela Technologies and CINC Systems Announce Integration PartnershipNew software integration grants CINC Systems community association clients access to Axela Technologies’ industry-leading collections platform for HOAs and condos.
- Axela Technologies closes $1.5M seed round to modernize collection practices for community associationsAxela Technologies, a Miami-based startup, closed a $1.5 million seed round to expand their product offerings and accelerate nationwide expansion
- Axela Technologies Expands Operations to West Coast With New Regional VP of Business DevelopmentIn their mission to provide collection services to community associations across the nation, Axela Technologies welcomes Alisher Sabirov to spearhead the company’s expansion to California and the West Coast Region.
- Axela Technologies is Extending Service Offerings for National Property Management Franchise PMINew partnership provides PMI’s property management franchisees with additional service offering via Axela’s web-based collections technology.
- Axela Technologies Welcomes Mike Jenner as Chief Operating OfficerAxela Technologies announces the appointment of Mike Jenner as Chief Operating Officer effective November 1st, 2018
- Axela Technologies Welcomes New President of Business Development After 600% Growth in 2019.Axela Technologies announced the promotion of longtime industry expert Mitch Drimmer to President of Business Development. The appointment comes as the company exceeded 600% growth in 2019 under Drimmer’s leadership.
- Axela Technologies’ proprietary automated software platform helps community associations and management companies solve the delinquency issueMiami-based start-up offers solution to community associations (Condos, HOAs and Co-Ops) and management companies for collecting on late and non-payment of fees from property owners
- Dynamic New Partnership Addresses the Issues of Delinquent Maintenance Collections in Condo and HOA AssociationsAxela Technologies and mem property management announce a strategic alliance to bring innovative and effective collections solutions to condominiums and homeowner associations
- Expert Advice in Community Association Advisor Jan 2020Check out this expert advice from Mitch Drimmer and others in an article titled “Know When to Hold ’Em: Document Retention for Community Associations and Their Managers”.
- Florida Rising December 2019 IssueSee our article in the December issue of Florida Rising Magazine! Check it out to learn about a new and innovative value proposition for management companies.
- Florida Rising October 2019 IssueSee our article in the October issue of Florida Rising Magazine! In this issue Mitch gives a easy to understand guide to community association documents
- Let’s Talk Collections! An Interview with ACCU Inc.Mitch Drimmer joins James Phifer of ACCU Inc in Colorado for in depth discussions on community associations, debt collection, ADA, insurance claims, and good practices of property managers.
- New Strategic Partnership to Help Recover Delinquent Funds for Florida Community AssociationsAxela Technologies and Watson Association Management announce a strategic partnership to provide innovative collections solutions for Community Associations in Florida
- TOPS Software Partners with Axela Technologies to Provide Community Associations with Fully Automated Collection SolutionsTOPS Software announces integration with Axela Technologies
- Video: Assessment Collections In the Coronavirus CrisisWith millions out of work due to the COVID-19 pandemic, HOAs and Condos are right to be concerned. This video explores your options.
- Avoid These 4 Mistakes When Making Outbound Calls to Delinquent HomeownersOutbound calls to delinquent homeowners seem simple, but they are highly regulated and can represent a liability if your organization does it wrong.
- Community Association Collections…Helping out the Debtor…Really.At Axela Technologies our collectors are trained to help debtors find the resources and help that they may need to get back on track.
- Delinquencies do not make for good neighbors in Condos and HOAsRunning the association as a zero-dollar business is necessary, but it creates a fragile economy. If a single owner misses just one payment, it could compromise the entire association.
- Do you have Difficult People in your Condo or HOA?What to do when you have difficult people in your association, even if they are on the board…
- Five Mistakes to Avoid When Collecting Past Due Maintenance FeesCollecting Past Due Maintenance Fees is both an art and a science. Learn what NOT to do when a unit becomes delinquent.
- Follow these 4 Critical Steps Before You Make a Payment Plan for Assessment CollectionsIf you are going to make a payment plan for a homeowner to pay off delinquent assessments, make sure you follow these steps…
- Your Condo Collections Questions AnsweredWe answer your condo collections questions on lawyers, foreclosures and renters
Budgeting & Reserves
- Condo & HOA Collections In Condo & HOA Budget TimeA community association collections solution can save money over legal fees, plus prevent you from needing to write off a bunch of bad debt at the end of the year.
- Condo and HOA Budget SeasonBudget season doesn’t have to be scary. Here’s some solid advice to help you prepare your annual budget…
- How to prevent “The Special Assessment Blues” in your Condo or HOANobody likes to sing those Special Assessment Blues and a responsible board can avoid it by preparing a correct and proper budget, funding reserves, and addressing delinquency issues.
- Most Boards Forget to Include This in Their Annual Budget [Free Calculator]Don’t forget to incorporate this important factor into your annual budget…
- Solid Advice On Reserves for your Condo or HOA.Our answers to commonly asked questions that we get from boards of directors regarding reserves
- HOA Collections and skip tracing for Condos and HOAsSkip-tracing is how your association collections agency can track down delinquent homeowners.
- HOA Collections Calls…How To Help The DebtorOutbound calls for HOA collections are an important part of resolving delinquencies in your community association.
- New Technology to Resolve Delinquencies in HOAs and CondosMany people are uncomfortable talking about their debt issues over the phone. So why are collection agencies still using outdated methods to connect with debtors?
Condo & HOA Collections
- A Checklist for your Condo and HOA DelinquenciesThe first step to a good collections process is establishing a fact pattern. This checklist covers all the questions you should have answers to before you begin.
- Community Association Fund Recovery For Your SafetyHOA collections is a matter of security and cannot be delayed. Prioritize community association fund recovery over punishment.
- Condo and HOA Collections…Choosing the Right SolutionCan lost fees be recovered where the cost of the recovery does not exceed the recovery itself? Who should community associations turn to for Condo & HOA collections?
- Condo/HOA Collections 101: Credit Bureau Reporting for Condo & HOA AssessmentsIn our series covering the basics of Condo and HOA Collections, Learn all you need to know about credit bureau reporting.
- Condo/HOA Collections 101: Skip TracingIn our series covering the basics of Condo and HOA Collections, Learn all you need to know about skip tracing
- Condo/HOA Collections 101: Underwriting in HOA CollectionsIn our series covering the basics of Condo and HOA Collections, Learn all you need to know about Collection Underwriting.
- Condo/HOA Collections 101: Community Association AssessmentsIn our series covering the basics of Condo and HOA Collections, Learn all you need to know about community association assessments
- Do Your Due Diligence When Choosing An HOA Collection AgencyConsidering a collections agency? Here are 7 things you should look at before choosing an HOA collection agency.
- Doing Collections Yourself? Here's What Your Board Needs To KnowThinking of doing collections yourself for your community association? Here’s some advice to help…
- HOA & Condo Collections: How to Collect Unpaid FeesNon-payment of community association fees is a nationwide problem facing planned development associations today. Here’s how to collect.
- The Needy, The Greedy, & the Seedy. HOA & Condo CollectionsIn most cases the delinquent owners fall in to one of three categories: The Needy, The Greedy, and The Seedy. The only question remains is: How do we treat each one?
- Use Riders to Collect Delinquent HOA FeesThere are many ways to recover delinquent maintenance fees. Have you considered contacting the lender of a delinquent unit owner?
- What is “Zombie Debt” and What is your Community Association doing to Collect it?Did your board write off money as bad debt that is still collectible? Don’t leave money on the table.
- Are your Community Association Ledgers Accurate?The ability to enforce payments starts with an accurate community association ledger. Lets talk about how you can test your ledgers.
- Collections and Instant Funding for Condo and HOA DelinquenciesNow, there is a solution for Condo & HOA Delinquencies that will not only recover your past due assessments but provide funding for your collection shortfall.
- Community Association Collections: How Units Settle OutThere are six ways a delinquent HOA or Condo unit will settle out. All of these ways are discussed in this article about Community Association Collections Collections.
- Condos and HOAs in the time of Virus and RecessionWe’ve been schooled on the benefits of washing our hands, social distancing, etc. What the pundits don’t say is the financial hit communities will endure from a coronavirus recession and how to address it.
- FHA Approval Can Raise Property Values…Don’t let Condo Delinquencies Stand in the WayYour guide to FHA Approval for your condominium association is inside…
- HOAs & Condos…Beautiful Dreams or Horrific NightmaresBuying a unit in a community association can be a wonderful experience, but if you are only looking at the property and not the community’s finances it can quickly turn out to be a nightmare.
- How Do You Know if Your HOA or Condo is Under Water?Your Community Association could be in financial trouble and you wouldn’t know it until you get slapped with a special assessment. Here’s how to tell…
- Rent Is Not the Same as HOA AssessmentsEverybody pays for shelter, whether you own or buy. But is a Condo or HOA Assessment the same as rent? And what happens if you don’t pay your maintenance fees?
- Should I buy a condo with a 15% delinquency rate?When buying a new condo, many potential homeowners fail to factor in the financial stability of the association. Delinquency rates can and will affect your family economy.
- Why Does Bad Debt Happen In Community Associations?When one homeowner doesn’t pay, the entire community suffers. Bad debt isn’t just the delinquent homeowner’s fault, it’s the board’s too…
- Association Foreclosures Are ObsoleteThe times, they are a changing and with these new laws, association foreclosures may become a thing of the past.
- Condo & HOA Collections: Why Lawyers Are Not The Solution.Lawyers are great for collections if you want to foreclose, but how do you plan to actually recover those lost funds?
- HOA Collections… A Better Alternative To ForeclosureForeclosure costs the community association more than you are likely to recover. Try this an alternative where everyone wins…
- Is HOA & Condo Debt ‘Consumer Debt’?Are delinquent assessments treated the same as consumer debt like credit cards when it comes to the law?
- Old dogs old tricks Once again The Banks are Abusing Homeowner AssociationsBanks delaying foreclosure on delinquent mortgages hurts community associations more than it hurts the banks.
- The FHA has changed the rules for condosThe FHA has made it easier than ever for Condo Associations to get approved…
- What You Need to Know About Fair Debt Collections Laws to Protect Your HOADebt collection done wrong can be expensive for your condo or HOA. Avoid mistakes by following Fair Debt Collections laws.
Updated on 2020-07-21T11:26:04-04:00, by .