Staff Accountant- Accounts Payable
Axela Technologies is an innovative, full-service collection agency specializing in the real estate industry. Axela Technologies provides a full suite of national collection services for community associations.
Headquartered in Miami, the agency has operations all over the United States.
This role is responsible for bank and revenue reconciliation, determining appropriate accounting for new transactions, and reconciling general ledger accounts. This role will assist with the annual audit of financial statements and may also help prepare financial statements.
What we are looking for:
- A dynamic and teamwork-focused individual.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently, closely, and successfully with professionals of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Assist with preparing external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Assist with the monthly closing process, performing reconciliations, and analyzing related accounts.
- Assist with the Company’s annual audit.
- Maintain confidentiality of our financial data.
- Inspect account books for efficiency and accuracy.
- Organize and update financial records.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Strong USGAAP accounting knowledge
- Two to three years of experience with full-cycle Accounts Receivable is a huge plus.
- At least two years of experience with bank and credit card reconciliations.
- At least two years of experience with general ledger accounts.
- At least two years of experience with accounting software. Sage experience is strongly desired.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Language requirements: English. Spanish is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Advanced level of Excel – to be tested.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.